Central Scotland Safety Camera Partnership commenced operation on 1 April 2006 following a very strict site selection criterion. The partnership operates mobile camera units at 11 key sites across Stirling, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire areas and along the A811 Stirling/Dumbarton Road.
Scottish road safety targets from 2010-2020 as set by the Scottish Government in 'Scotland's Road Safety Framework to 2020' are:
- reduce the number of people killed by 30% by 2015 and 40% by 2020
- reduce the number of people seriously injured by 43% by 2015 and 55% by 2020
- reduce the number of children killed by 35% by 2015 and 50% by 2020
- reduce the number of children seriously injured by 50% by 2015 and by 65% by 2020
- a 10% reduction in the slight casualty rate.